This is the script I use to start a panorama using autopano-sift and Hugin. The script was born mainly because autopano-sift is not multi-threaded and I have a dual processor computer. It annoyed me that I wasn't using both processors.
- First, edit the script for you autopano-sift installation directory. (I installed it in /opt/sift/bin/)
- copy the script to a directory in your path and make it executable. (I put all of my scripts in /usr/local/bin/ or ~/bin/ )
- Copy the files you want to build a pano from into a temporary directory.
- Run the script.
- The script is setup to make a pano by default from raw files. I you are using jpg, then start it with the -jpg option.
- If you are using raw files, make sure you are COPYING the files to a temp directory. The script is setup to remove the raw files after conversion since they take up loads of space. (and I'm running low on space)
- The script will automatically start hugin and open the resulting .pto file.
- Any questions, drop me a line.
scott(somewhere close to)knauss.com
Everything below here is the script.
#!/bin/bash MONO="/opt/sift/bin/" if [ "x$1" = "x-jpg" ]; then odds=`ls *.jpg` evens=`ls *.jpg` else odds=`ls *.raw` evens=`ls *.raw` for x in $odds; do echo "Converting $x from raw to tif"; ufraw-batch --out-type=tiff8 --zip $x; done & for x in $evens; do echo "Converting $x from raw to tif"; ufraw-batch --out-type=tiff8 --zip $x; done echo "Done" while pgrep ufraw-batch ; do echo "Waiting for ufraw to finish" sleep 5; done echo "Cleaning up the Raw files for space conservation" rm -v *.raw odds=`ls *.tif` evens=`ls *.tif` fi for x in $odds; do echo "Generating keys for $x"; mono $MONO/generatekeys.exe $x $x.xml.gz 1200; done & for x in $evens; do echo "Generating keys for $x"; mono $MONO/generatekeys.exe $x $x.xml.gz 1200; done echo "Done" #Wait for all of the genkeys to finish while pgrep mono ; do echo "Waiting for keys to finish" sleep 5; done keys=`ls *.xml.gz` echo $keys mono $MONO/autopano.exe --maxmatches 12 --refine-by-mean --keep-unrefinable 0 output.pto $keys hugin output.pto &